Since this blog is called Much Joy to You I thought I would focus on things that bring me MUCH joy. Maybe we share a few. Maybe you’ll pick up a new joy bringer. And maybe you’ll share some of your joy bringers with me.
- Coffee in bed. My sweet hubby got my coffee habit started. To this day, he gifts me with a cup of joe and a dash of coconut milk in bed. It’s not so much the drink as it is the thoughtful gesture.
- Knowing the laundry is all (All!!) done, the trash cans are empty, the dishwasher has been emptied. It doesn’t last longer than a blink, but I love that feeling.
- A great read.
- A great worship experience, be it at church, in the car, or wherever. I love losing myself as I worship God.
- Laughter. I love when my students and I share a good laugh. My hubby is soooo funny and I love laughing with him. And, with my best friend, I’ve often laughed so hard it felt like a workout.
- Holidays. I love celebrations, don’t you? And I love random celebrations. Hubs and I like to celebrate Monday. Beats dreading it.
- A rainy afternoon.
- The beach. Sigh. I’m landlocked, but I adore the sound of ocean waves crashing against the shore. I love white sand and clear water. I love walking on the beach. I love the sticky, salty air.
- Getting a sweet card, email, or text.
- Cheesy romances and mysteries on TV.
- My mom’s prayers. No one prays like my momma!
- Seeing Hubby excited about our next trip or his next adventure.
- Snow. Well, snow when I don’t have to go to work.
- Making my sister laugh. She’s so clever…I count it as a victory when I can make her laugh.
- Big, fat cumulus clouds.
- Being appreciated. My main love language is affirmation, so…
- My students.
- The ongoing group text I have with two of my besties. Lots of laughs, lots of advice, and lots of prayers in our daily texts.
- My DVR and Netflix. I rarely watch anything live. It seems I go to sleep before things come on or I’m out and about. I love watching what I want when I want.
- Rocking in a glider or rocking chair. So soothing.
- A good friend. A friend who celebrates your successes, dries your tears, listens to your rants, surprises you with little cards or gifts.
- Autumn. Pumpkin patches. Leaves changing colors. Football games. Blankets.
- Hearing a favorite song on the radio. Catching a favorite movie on TV.
- A day without a migraine.
- Leaving work with a clean desk, an empty bag, and no homework. Okay, that’s rare. A girl can dream!
Creating this list made me realize how very much I have. I am so very thankful! Maybe you can start your own list today. As always, I wish you MUCH joy!
Got TWITTER? Tweet with me! @julielclarke
Enjoy INSTAGRAM? Me too! @julielclarke
Love PINTEREST? Who doesn’t? Find me! @jlbclarke
Follow me on Facebook.