I’m unable to let go of this fresh start we’ve all been given. I’ve always loved beginnings, but this year something’s different. I sense God stirring my spirit, calling me deeper, gently nudging me to change and break free. And so I post and post again.
1. Give. Give a little more money, a little more time, a little more kindness. This hurting world needs to see Jesus and some will see Him in my giving. That’s incredibly motivating.
2. Simplify. No to too much food, too much unnecessary activity, too much stuff.
3. Love. I’ve always said that’s Job 1 in teaching. It’s actually Job 1 in marriage, in friendships, in running errands-in life.
4. Hope. Dare to hope things will improve.
5. Be still. Oh my, this is an important one for me. When I “forget” to sit quietly with Him, I fall apart. Being still keeps me focused, centered, calm, and able to do all He’s called me to do.
6. Joy. Stop, look, and listen. A beautiful snowfall, a child’s laughter, a free hour to read-there are many reasons to be joyful.
7. Give thanks. I’ve been actively practicing gratitude for a few years. Wow! The difference it makes … I’m not sure I can adequately describe it. It. Changed. My. Life. Try it. Please.
8. Forgive. You don’t have to like them. You don’t have to like what they did. You don’t have to do anything except forgive them. Just do it. And keep doing it. I’m able to forgive some people quickly and move right along, but others… I have to forgive them daily.
9. Move on. Move away from unhealthy habits and relationships.
10. More of HIM and less of me. I saved the best for last, didn’t I?